The Horse & Groom
SERVING LINCOLN SINCE 1787
A stone’s throw away from Lincoln city centre nestles the beautiful Horse & Groom.
A haven for those who like to enjoy some good old hearty British food alongside a hand-pulled ale or two, The Horse and Groom is a traditional 18th Century English pub full of character. Located on Carholme Road, only a short drive from the town centre, this warm and welcoming pub is a favourite choice of many Lincoln locals, offering high quality takes on classic pub grub, real ales from local Lincolnshire breweries and a selection of fine wines.
What better way to while away a Sunday afternoon than spending time to wine and dine on our Sunday Roast at the Horse & Groom Lincoln.
Electric Car Charging Has Landed At The Horse & Groom!
We are very proud to add to our green credentials with the installation of two electric car charging points. Park in one of the reserved spaces, plug your car in, and head to the pub for a well earned cuppa!
Ever So “Environmentally” Sensible
Climate change is a real threats to all our futures, we all need to start doing things differently before it is too late. As a business we actively take steps to be more sustainable. Whilst we can’t change everything immediately, we have made a start, see below.
- Increasing “plant-based” food items on all our menus
- Reducing food waste throughout our sites
- Smaller changes like switching to eco-friendly straws, napkins, and toilet rolls.
- Reviewed our waste recycling and now separate our food waste, glass and cardboard.
- Working with suppliers to reduce unnecessary packaging.
- Switching all our Electric and Gas to a of 100% renewable energy supplier
- Started making the change from gas cookers to electric induction cookers in our kitchens.
- As our hot water boilers need replacing these will become electric rather than gas
- Some of our sites even give their vegetable off-cuts away as animal feed!
- Where possible, we are installing electric car charging points in our car parks. The MD now drives a fully electric car with other company vehicles being Hybrids.
We will keep looking for changes we can make now and in the future. If you can suggest other practical and sensible action we can undertake please let us know 🙂
We are open…
Mon – Sat until 9pm
Sunday until 8:30pm
Wine & Dine
Monday to Thursday
FROM 5 pm
Order any main, salad or burger with a 175ml house wine
** indicates the dish will incur a £2.75 supplement**
Monday to Saturday
Midday to 5 pm
Order any wrap or baguette and receive a free drink
please see menu for T&C’s
Join us every Sunday for our award winning traditional roast dinner